City Leadership, Marketing Director
City Leadership is a nonprofit consulting agency that serves dozens of various nonprofits, schools, and community assets throughout the Greater Memphis area. Our role is to come alongside our clients and help them problem solve and pursue the greatest social impact possible year over year.
Responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications. In addition, oversees the development and implementation of external client strategies for marketing and communications. Directs the efforts of the marketing and communications staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
- The position reports to the Executive Director and COO and serves as a member of the senior management team.
- Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the Executive Director, COO, senior management team, and the staff of the Marketing/Communications/P.R. function.
- Outside the agency, the position serves our 21 core clients and coordinates with the media.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a marketing strategy designed to drive qualified leads/pipeline for our partner nonprofits including: Campaign calendar – themes/mediums, campaign content strategy, measurement of KPI’s
- Execute campaigns based on the strategy and track/measure campaign performance against set goals
- Conduct in-depth research to identify new market opportunities and consumer preferences to support campaign creations
- Set specific marketing goals that align with the overall direction and mission goals
- Develop and maintain digital campaigns to increase web traffic
- Track and measure marketing outcomes including marketing activities, response, leads, retention, and applications
- Generate innovative ideas to promote our brand and our products
- Develop business cases to support new marketing strategies, budget requests, projects, and marketing plans
- Use customer feedback to ensure client satisfaction
- Ensure brand alignment to increase brand awareness and equity
- Develop Digital Campaigns: Marketing strategists develop campaigns for social media platforms to increase web traffic and develop a solid, long-term web presence.
- Strategic engagement with clients to provide high-level marketing recommendations
- Design Promotional Materials: Working with a team, marketing strategists develop promotional materials such as social media ads, billboards, and commercials to help increase the company’s brand awareness.
- Developing creative briefs and communicating strategic objectives to internal team members to ensure projects are completed in alignment with strategy
- Identifying production resource needs via meetings and the firm’s project management system
- Establishing project timelines with the client
- Keeping team members supplied with the information they need to deliver work that is on strategy and on deadline
- Checking that creative projects meet strategic guidelines provided
- Above all, monitoring the health of the client relationship and keeping them informed
- Provide weekly updates to management around the progress and performance of campaigns
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with the Recruiting team to understand their needs and best support them
- Make out-of-the-box suggestions for how to effectively penetrate key recruits
- Be creative, have fun, enjoy your job!
Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous working experience in Marketing for 3+ years
- In-depth knowledge with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Familiarity of CRM software and Content Management Systems
- Degrees in business, marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field, are a plus for candidates.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Creative thinker with data-driven analytical aptitude
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working with both faith-based and non-faith-based organizations
- Able to arrange and run meetings with direction, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
- Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in-person)
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills a must
- Pleasant, personable demeanor (in-person, phone and email)
- Keen ability to multitask; self-starter
- Strong team collaboration skills
- A strong vocabulary, prolific reader
- An ability to grasp and communicate THE message
- Teachable spirit
- Sense of humor
- High energy, team player with the desire to learn and grow
- This role is full time
- Salary comparable with experience
- Great Healthcare fully paid for the employee
- Excellent Vacation / Holiday / Time-off structure
- Continuous corporate investment into professional development
All interested individuals email resume and LinkedIn page to john [at] cityleadership [dot] org