Director, Development - Memphis Grizzlies (Memphis, TN)
The Director, Development will be responsible for (1) generating revenue through the development of marketing partnerships for the Memphis Grizzlies, and associated properties, including FedExForum, Grind City Media, Memphis Hustle (G League), and Grizz Gaming (NBA 2K League), (2) assisting in the creation and deployment of departmental revenue strategies, including but not limited to category attack, content development & monetization, regional & international approach, media deal optimization, etc. and (3) serving as leader and mentor for the partnership development and sales team, including team pipeline management, implementing best practice sales strategies, identifying growth opportunities for individual sellers, creating targeted individual development plans, etc. This individual should possess high level business development experience and a proven track record driving revenue in the sports marketing, advertising, and/or events industries. The Director, Development will work closely with other members of the Partnership Marketing team to meet and exceed personal and departmental revenue goals by identifying and researching key prospects, building a new business pipeline, and renewing/growing existing partnerships. By focusing on clients’ marketing objectives, this individual will create high value multi-channel platforms that are customized, relevant, integrated, and flexible, and serve to affect the behaviors and perceptions of clients’ target markets, yielding measurable results. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the activation of marketing partner initiatives, as well as the evaluation of program efficacy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop marketing partnerships for the Memphis Grizzlies and associated properties, including FedExForum, Grind City Media, Memphis Hustle (G League), and Grizz Gaming (NBA 2K League)
- Meet and exceed personal revenue goals through the acquisition of new business and growth of renewal business while managing overall departmental revenue generation
- Assist in the creation and deployment of departmental revenue strategies, including but not limited to category attack, content development & monetization, regional & international approach, media deals, etc.
- Serve as leader and mentor for the partnership development and sales team, including team pipeline management, implementing best practice sales strategies, identifying growth opportunities for individual sellers, creating targeted individual development plans, etc.
- Manage all phases of the business development process (identification, research, outreach, discovery, ideation, proposal, negotiation, execution, activation, measurement, and renewal) as a team leader
- Provide direction in the use of the department CRM system, including implementation of best practice principles to drive business from the system
- Identify potential partners within assigned business categories and maintain prospect pipeline
- Construct creative, customized, and comprehensive proposals that deliver on a potential partner’s marketing objectives and make a compelling value proposition
- Collaborate across internal departments (including but not limited to marketing, community engagement, ticket sales, arena operations, etc.) for ideation and concepting, creating multi-channel platforms
- Function as a primary point of contact for prospective and existing partners
- Act as host to visiting marketing partners at a variety of events
- Maintain office organization and other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or related discipline and/or significant work experience in the sports marketing, advertising, and/or events industries
- At least five (5) years of experience with proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals by creating and delivering unique, tailored marketing partnership packages
- Demonstrated organizational and logistics management capabilities; personnel management skills preferred
- Experience using CRM and MS Office software; graphic design software (i.e., Photoshop) capability a plus
- Capacity to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed, as well as multi-task in a fast-paced environment and willingness to travel
- ·Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and relationship-building abilities, and attention to detail
- Tremendous teamwork and collaborative spirit, coupled with the ability to work independently
- Endlessly positive attitude, openness to learning, superior work ethic, enthusiastic mindset, and self-starter mentality
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this opportunity?
2. What is your highest level of education completed?
3. How many years of experience do you possess?
4. What is your current salary?
5. What are your salary requirements?