Director of Programming, The Guest House at Graceland
Job responsibilities are:
• Book headliner talent to perform in the 464-seat theater, with the ability to read and comprehend riders (i.e. talent requirements, etc…).
• Find creative ways to utilize the theater and meeting space during non-event periods, such as movies, silent auctions, car shows, etc…)
• Schedule and coordinate family games and activities on The Lawn (croquet, bocce ball, foosball, cornhole/bean bag toss, hula hoop contests, relay races, etc…). Role will be similar to that of a cruise line director.
• Develop and execute live entertainment and activities in EP’s Sports Bar & Grill, as well as the Lobby Lounge and Pool venues (Elvis Trivia night, Karaoke, etc…).
• Ability to plan short- and long-term events to drive demand during historically weak occupancy periods, and effectively work with other departments as well as EPE to insure successful execution.
• Must be able to prospect to local organizations and sell the idea of creating new events and/or shifting existing events to GHG.
• Attention to detail is a must, with a priority being placed on revenue generation (room, F & B and Graceland tours) as well as cost controls.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must (develop marketing collateral/calendar to showcase resort activities). Powerpoint, Delphi and Excel software knowledge is a plus.
• Must have excellent analytical skills and abilities to create P & L analysis following each event.
If interested, resumes can be submitted to DJoshlin [at] GuesthouseGraceland [dot] com.