Marketing Copywriter, Memphis Grizzlies
The Memphis Grizzlies are seeking a creative and strategic Copywriter to work with our Marketing team to assist in developing messaging, themes, and concepts for sales & marketing campaigns across various mediums, including radio copy & live reads, online & print ads, website content, broadcast & in-arena promotions, plus printed collateral.
The Copywriter will also provide proofing support of our Marketing deliverables, including graphics, emails, web copy, and advertisements. The optimal candidate will be self-driven, work well and accurately within tight deadlines, and capable of managing competing priorities all with an emphasis on producing copy that elevates our brand messaging.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ideate, create, and optimize copy for short & long form content. Copy needs include messaging for sales and marketing promotions, social media ads, banner ads, radio, print, website, mobile app, PowerPoint presentations, documents, etc.
• Create copy that resonates with each of our brand voices.
• Concept messaging and themes for promotional campaigns.
• Produce factually accurate and error-free copy – dates, times, matchups, pricing, player names, etc.
• Provide proofing and edits of all collateral - to include messaging on graphics and within advertisements.
• Maintain a content calendar for planning and delivering tasks on time.
• Collaborate closely with Creative & Brand Sr. Director and Advertising & Digital Marketing Director on copywriting requirements.
• Conduct industry and competitive research to inform content development.
• Other duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
• Excellent grammar, spelling, writing, and proofreading skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles
• 3-5 years copywriting experience
• Portfolio showcasing writing ability is required
• Knowledge of sports and entertainment, specifically NBA basketball, is a bonus
• Must be tech savvy and up-to-date on general happenings in popular culture
• Ability to quickly assimilate new information and learn new skills is critical
• Must be focused, extremely detail-oriented and highly organized
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and complete on-time is required
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
• Must be a team player with a strong customer service focus
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Communications or a related field
• Due to the nature of our business, candidates must be willing and able to work nights, holidays and weekends as required