Social Media Art Director, Archer Malmo
You’re an art director/graphic designer with experience in concepting and creating original branded content for social media. Individually you are proficient in the field but thrive in a creatively collaborative environment as part of a dedicated, multi-functional brand team. Also, you like to have a bit of fun.
As a Social Media Art Director at Archer Malmo working out of our Memphis office, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your multimedia skills and contribute to a successful consumer brand that’s new to social media. The brand is a key, long-standing account at the agency with a well-established voice and reputation within its category. This role will be responsible for expanding the brand’s unique personality by translating it into compelling content for social channels.
Archer Malmo is one of the oldest and largest independent agencies in the U.S., recognized by Advertising Age and others as a “Best Place to Work” and named to the “Inc. 5000” list of fastest-growing private companies in America for five consecutive years.
We are an agency built by people finding creative ways to drive real results and make the most of our opportunities. It’s this commitment that defines us and has set us apart for 65+ years. Be greater than is our formula for success, true to our purpose: to pursue constant improvement in a world of constant change.
Your Core Responsibilities as a Social Media Art Director
● Concept, craft and deliver consistently impactful social posts and campaigns based on content strategy, content pillars, and brand expression
● Proactively collaborate and coordinate within a multidisciplinary brand team
● Be responsive and able to prioritize requests and due dates
● Understand the nuances of each social media channel and execute using best practices for social channels
● Stay current on creative, industry and category trends within social media
● Work closely with the creative director to evaluate, revise and optimize the work
● Play a key role in furthering agency’s social media POV
● Understand/Audit social media KPIs to help optimize content based on defined goals and partner with Strategist
● Collaborate with Brand Content Manager on social media editorial calendars
● Take charge of organizing and submitting all social media posts
Qualifications You Possess
● Graphic Design or relevant degree with 3+ years of agency or marketing experience
● A portfolio with an emphasis on social media, digital content and campaigns
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud suite basics such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
● Experience with video production and photoshoots
● Experience with video programs such as Premier and After Effects
● Strong understanding of developing social media creative to cut through the clutter while keeping overall brand goals in mind
● Ability to think strategically and creatively by following a creative brief
● Experience presenting work to a team of colleagues and clients
● Passion for collaborating with a partner or ideating in group settings
● Experience with/affinity for outdoor lifestyle brands (hunting, fishing, etc.) not required but a definite plus
● A sense of humor
Your Greater Than Qualities
Be greater than your first ideas. We’re looking for those who push through the obvious in order to get to content that’s truly compelling. We want you to use your broad skill set to experiment and explore the possibilities.
Be greater than bad stock photography. We provide quality resources for you to craft amazing social media content. Collaborate with the creative team to leverage exceptional brand assets and use our in-house studio to capture social-specific content.
Be greater than social media. You’ll be expected to stay current and get ahead of industry trends, seeking new ways to challenge our clients and help the agency stand out in the industry as a whole.
Be greater than content for the sake of content. Be a creative thought leader and expert in the integration of content and social strategies within the larger brand strategy.
Be greater than your ego. We foster a culture of collaboration and mutual respect here. We take strategic direction and constructive feedback with an open mind and will expect the same of you.
Archer Malmo is a privately owned marketing agency with offices in Memphis, Tenn., and Austin, Texas. Our cities have soul, with unique personalities that creative people love. There’s plenty to do — music, culture, sports, outdoors, good food, more music — great places to do it and cool folks to do it with. In-house—just like in our cities—we embrace a diverse and inclusive culture, and strive to build a place where we all feel valued.
Interested? Please send your current resume (pdf preferred), with a link to your portfolio, and a cover letter outlining why you should be in this role at Archer Malmo to greatplacetowork [at] archermalmo [dot] com (no phone calls, please).